Sunday 3 January 2010

Don't bother hunting for the G spot - it aint there!

The G spot, the alleged focus of female sexual pleasure has a unique place in the pantheon of human erogenous zones. As a species it appears that we are endowed with more than the typical number of erogenous zones compared to most animals. Not only that but women have a magical G spot which provides the secret to their real sexual pleasure

If you've ever seen the pleasure that gets your dog rolling his eyes when you tickle his belly you will be aware that other animals do indeed have pleasure zones. But there seem to be few other animals, apart from bonobo chimpanzees of course , that make such a big thing of sexual pleasure. We do seem fairly obsessed with sex as a subject as a species.


The rise of feminism in the twentieth century was accompanied not only by the justifiable demand that women had the same rights to sexual fulfillment as men but also by a search for the secrets to female sexual pleasure.


High on the list of finds was the revelation that women had a "G-spot" - a particularly erongenous zone which was the key to female pleasure.


The trouble is it proved difficult to find.  I know this from personal experience.  I have searched high an low for mine.  I searched the places where peple told me that I would find it but it clearly wasn't there. I searched nearby but still couldn't find it. I even got my boyfriends to search for it - regularly and often. But still no G spot.

So the news that scientists have found that the G spot doesn't actually exist comes as no great surprise to me. In fact it comes as quite a comfort. No longer do I need to feel that I am the only women in the world who doesn't have one. Now I just have to hope that my boyfriend doesnt hear that there isnt one. That way I can keep him hunting for it.

No comments: